Thursday, June 5, 2008

Day 2

So I arrived at MOP yesterday afternoon to the warmest most loving welcome I've ever received. Lots of yelling lots of hugs and plenty of smiles to knock the jetlag and long flight right out of me! I still can't believe I'm here though.. its like one of those out of body experiences because I've thought about coming back here so often, it doesn't feel real anymore!

Things have changed a lot since I was last here. Some housemothers left and new ones came, some kids returned to their families, others ran away, some came back, new kids joined the family, newer houses were built .., but the atmosphere is still the same. The goodness that is MOP still radiates from the pores of everyone who lives and works here.

This morning I spent some time catching up with the caregivers in their home, hung out with the kids while they were waiting for the bus to take them to school and helped out at the daycare.
I'm trying to upload some pictures I took today to give you an idea of what the place is like, but internet cafes have TERRIBLE speeds.. so I'll try my best to get them up next time!

I'm spending these few days just catching up with everyone and finding out how things have changed over the last year soooo the stories will come in the next entry yeah ?!!

Bye!

No comments: